Sunday, August 5, 2007

At the DMV

I went to the DMV today to get my drivers license and after waiting for a long, long time (it seemed even longer than spending 4 million years under a volcano), I finally got the opportunity to drive for the instructor.


He ran me through a checklist of driving maneuvers. Stopping, starting, turning, backing up, turning, parking, stop signs, stop lights, and after what seemed like 40 mega-cycles he told me that I passed the road portion and now had to take the written test.

I had no difficulty with the written test as I was able to memorize the entire rules of the road book through my photoreceptors. I finished quickly and was then instructed to wait for to have my picture taken.

"Wow, like who are you?" I young woman asked me.

"I am Optimus Prime, leader of the Autobots," I answered. "I am here to receive a drivers license."

"Oh yeah, I'm totally renewing mine, too," she replied. "My name's Jerrica. Have you been here long?"

"I have been here for 23 breems, though I have to admit it feels much longer."

"Oh yeah, I know what you mean," she said. "It, like, takes forever around here. Oh, and you know what's worse? They take awful photos here. It's outrageous how bad all of my licences have looked. Truly truly truly outrageous."

"I am not worried about that," I answered. "I do not believe that I can take a 'bad photo' as you say."

"Well, good luck," Jerrica said as she got up to take her photo. Minutes later, I saw her take her new licence and then groan audibly.

"Optimus Prime?" the clerk called out.

"I am Optimus Prime, leader of the Autobots," I said as I raised my hand.

The clerk instructed me to sit and look at the camera and within a moment, I heard the click of the device. Several Astroseconds later and I am now the proud owner of my own drivers license.

8 comments:

Flik Sivrak said...

We all have days like that...I remember when I got my pilot license for the Warrior and I had to get a seperate one for the Swoop...Then there's all the insurance paperwork...The Empire's Evil knows no bounds...

Vegeta said...

the DMV? Even I fear them

Captain Berk said...

Can you imagine Blur taking this test?

The instructor would probably end up trying to punch his face from the interior - so annoying is he.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Congratulations. Just be careful you don't get caught for speeding.

Professor Xavier said...

You might want to re-think your human name, Optimus. There might be some unexplained sniggering when people hear it.

Captain Berk said...

Call yourself Derek, or something else that helps a giant truck robot blend in a little better at parties

Megatron said...

Well...we slightly got introuble with the military...and the Stunticons ran into the same problem you did...but that doesn't change the fact that we're better than you and that I laugh at your misfortune. :D

Aurora p said...

When even the robots have drivers' licenses, you know being too young to drive sucks.
Call yourself Bob. It's a classic.